Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions shall govern your use of our website.
- By using our website, you accept these terms and conditions in full;
accordingly, if you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of
these terms and conditions, you must not use our website.
- If you register with our website, submit any material to our website or use
any of our website services, we will ask you to expressly agree to these
terms and conditions.
terms of our privacy and cookies policy.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to use our website; and by using our
website or agreeing to these terms and conditions, you warrant and
represent to us that you are at least 18 years of age.
- Throughout this document, "We" or "Us" or "our" refers to Classical Music
Events Ltd. who trade as www.ClassicalEvents.co.uk. Registered address: 16
Clareville Road, Croydon, Surrey, CR3 6LA, company number: 08746527.
- "The Website" refers to www.ClassicalEvents.co.uk;
- "You" refers to the person (Concert Promoter) who advertises concerts of
live music on the website.
License to use website
subject to the other provisions of these terms and conditions.
- view pages from our website in a web browser;
- download pages from our website for caching in a web browser;
- print pages from our website;
- Except as expressly permitted by Section 4.1 or the other provisions of
these terms and conditions, you must not download any material from our
website or save any such material to your computer.
- You may only use our website for the listing of predominately classical music
concerts, and you must not use our website for any other purposes. Jazz,
Pop and similar genres are well served by other websites.
Unless you own or control the relevant rights in the material, you must not:
- republish material from our website (including republication on
- sell, rent or sub-license material from our website;
- show any material from our website in public;
- exploit material from our website for a commercial purpose or;
- redistribute material from our website;
Notwithstanding Section 4.4, you may redistribute our newsletter in print and
electronic form to any person.
We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of our website, or indeed our
whole website, at our discretion. Whole website restriction may take place in
the event of a major system upgrade or downtime by the hosting company.
You must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any
access restriction measures on our website. Certain areas will be restricted
You must not:
- use our website in any way or take any action that causes, or may
cause, damage to the website or impairment of the performance,
availability or accessibility of the website;
- use our website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or
harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or
harmful purpose or activity;
- use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or
distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any
spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger,
rootkit or other malicious computer software;
- conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities
(including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction
and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our
express written consent;
- access or otherwise interact with our website using any robot, spider
or other automated means;
- violate the directives set out in the robots.txt file for our website; or
- use data collected from our website for any direct marketing activity
(including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing,
telemarketing and direct mailing).
- You must not use data collected from our website to contact individuals,
companies or other persons or entities.
- You must ensure that all the information you supply to us through our
website, or in relation to our website, is true, accurate, current, complete
Registration and accounts
- To be eligible for an individual account on our website under this Section 6,
you must be at least 18 years of age and resident in the United Kingdom.
- You may register for an account with our website by completing and
submitting the account registration form on our website, and clicking on the
verification link in the email that the website will send to you.
- You must notify us in writing immediately if you become aware of any
unauthorised use of your account.
- You must not use any other person's account to access the website, unless
you have that person's express permission to do so.
User IDs and password
- If you register for an account with our website, you will be asked to provide
your email address and choose a password.
- You must not use your account for or in connection with the impersonation
of any person.
- You must keep your password confidential.
- You must notify us in email or writing immediately if you become aware of
any disclosure of your password.
- You are responsible for any activity on our website arising out of any failure
to keep your password confidential. Unless you contact us we will not be
able to rectify any problems.
Cancellation and suspension of account
at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation.
- suspend your account;
- cancel your account; and/or
- edit your account details,
- You may cancel your account on our website using your account control
panel on the website.
Your content: licence
- In these terms and conditions, "your content" means all works and materials
(including without limitation text, graphics, images, audio material, video
material, audio-visual material, scripts, software and files) that you submit
to us or our website for storage or publication on, processing by, or
transmission via, our website.
- You may edit your content to the extent permitted using the editing
functionality made available on our website.
- Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if
you breach any provision of these terms and conditions in any way, or if we
reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in
any way, we may delete, withdraw from publication or edit any or all of your
Your content: rules
- You warrant and represent that your content will comply with these terms
- Your content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any person's
legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action against
any person (in each case in any jurisdiction and under any applicable law).
Your content, and the use of your content by us in accordance with these
terms and conditions, must not:
- be libellous or maliciously false;
- be obscene or indecent;
- infringe any copyright, moral right, database right, trade mark right,
design right, right in passing off, or other intellectual property right;
- infringe any right of confidence, right of privacy or right under data
- constitute negligent advice or contain any negligent statement;
- constitute an incitement to commit a crime, instructions for the
commission of a crime or the promotion of criminal activity;
- be in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order;
- be in breach of racial or religious hatred or discrimination legislation;
- be blasphemous;
- be in breach of official secrets legislation;
- be in breach of any contractual obligation owed to any person;
- depict violence, in an explicit, graphic or gratuitous manner;
- be pornographic, lewd, suggestive or sexually explicit;
- be untrue, false, inaccurate or misleading;
- consist of or contain any instructions, advice or other information
which may be acted upon and could, if acted upon, cause illness,
injury or death, or any other loss or damage;
- constitute spam;
- be offensive, deceptive, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, harassing,
anti-social, menacing, hateful, discriminatory or inflammatory; or
- cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to any person.
We do not warrant or represent:
- the completeness or accuracy of the information published on our
- that the material on the website is up to date; or
- that the website or any service on the website will remain available.
- We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website
services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole
discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly
provided otherwise in these terms and conditions, you will not be entitled to
any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of
any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and subject to Section
12.1, we exclude all representations and warranties relating to the subject
matter of these terms and conditions, our website and the use of our
Limitations and exclusions of liability
Nothing in these terms and conditions will:
- limit or exclude misrepresentation; any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section 12 and
elsewhere in these terms and conditions:
- are subject to Section 12.1; and
- govern all liabilities arising under these terms and conditions or
relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions,
including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence)
and for breach of statutory duty.
To the extent that our website and the information and services on our
website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or
damage of any nature.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event
or events beyond our reasonable control.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including
(without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use,
production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities
We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data,
database or software.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or
consequential loss or damage.
You acknowledge that third parties are responsible for the accuracy of all
concert listings and as such we are not liable for any misleading information.
Breaches of these terms and conditions
Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if
you breach these terms and conditions in any way, or if we reasonably
suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we
- send you one or more formal warnings;
- temporarily suspend your access to our website;
- permanently prohibit you from accessing our website;
- block computers using your IP address from accessing our website;
- contact any or all your internet service providers and request that
they block your access to our website;
- commence legal action against you, whether for breach of contract or
- suspend or delete your account on our website.
Where we suspend or prohibit or block your access to our website or a part
of our website, you must not take any action to circumvent such suspension
or prohibition or blocking (including without limitation creating and/or using
a different account).
- We may revise these terms and conditions from time to time.
Law and jurisdiction
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in
accordance with English law.
- Any disputes relating to these terms and conditions shall be subject to the
exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Concert Promoters. Their conditions relating to use of this website.
- A personal account will first need to be created. After which you will need to
register as a Promoter. This may subject change in the future website
- You must be a representative of a valid organisation. A check will be done
before confirmation by email is sent. A reference to yourself on a directory
website would be sufficient for example.